How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Buford Georgia and I have heard Dr. Phil recommend

This answer was rated:

I live in Buford Georgia and I have heard Dr. Phil recommend divorced couples to hire a mediator to handle things becuase the divorced parents cannot communicate in a healthy manner. Is there a specific title for these people. This person would have to mediate any and all communications as the results of the divorce.



I'm in Gwinnett county. These professionals are in fact called mediators.


A judge may appoint one or a person can connect w/ one on their own.


Here is the listing for those in GA under divorce mediation


Feel free to clarify if this is what you were inquiring about.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the info. It appears these are attorney's. I was of the opinion there are companies that you can hire to handle the communications, transport of children for visitation and things of that nature. Is going thru an attorney the only option?

Thank you for clarifying.

That sounds more like a Guardian Ad Litem generally appointed by the court. Perhaps that is what you were seeking rather than mediators who are used to mediate b/w the two parents in making decisions (since each one's attorneys can do this).



Dr. Rossi and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you