DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.
66179016

my husband masturbates daily he is 65 and I am 73. we have

my husband masturbates daily he is 65 and I am 73. we have great sex almost daily and when I leave the house he masturbates while watching porn. He does this almost daily. I have watched porn with him and try not to be negative about it. I feel sex is not a spectator sport. I am attractive but becoming wrinkly. I am very active and usually have high endurance physically. I have been trying to get beyond this behavior but at times it bothers me more than not. So hoiw do I cope with this behavior. He also is bipolor with add. I know he loves me but I question this type behavior and myself.

DrFee :

Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

DrFee :

Daily masturbation at that age does seem like a lot --I'm wondering if it's something he does to help channel some of his energy that might be fueled by the Bipolar and ADD.

DrFee :

Another possibility is sexual addiction.

DrFee :

Either case, those issues have nothing to do with you or how attractive or sexual you are, but rather issues that are within him.

DrFee :

Here's a link to one screening quiz for sexual addiction: http://psychcentral.com/sexquiz.htm

DrFee :

Looks like you are not available. When you comment, I will be notified and I will respond to your comments.

Customer:

I know that . I guess I just want to know how do I cope with it. Or is there something I should do with him.

DrFee :

Well, if he's willing to admit that he's addicted, then he could get treatment for it. Do you think he'd be willing to get treatment?

DrFee :

I'll give you a few ideas for coping:

DrFee :

1. Accept that you cannot control his behavior and that you are not responsible for it.

DrFee :

2. Become aware of any "co-dependent" behaviors or attitudes on your part ---are there any ways you "take care" of him that's not healthy (make excuses, not honest with him, etc)

DrFee :

3. Talk to someone --either a therapist or online community (there are support sites, I'll give you a referral in a minute)

DrFee :

4. Decide if you can tolerate his behavior or if you need to leave (assuming he won't get treatment) --work on the belief that it has nothing to do with you.

DrFee :

http://www.journeytohealingandjoy.com/

DrFee :

Please comment --we can interact regarding these suggestions --

Thank you for your acceptance, however my goal really is to give you Excellent service, not just "OK" service. Please feel free to follow up with me here -at no additional charge.