How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brad The Therapist Your Own Question
Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 549
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Brad The Therapist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a alcholic sober 4mons i was diagnosed with bipolar 1

This answer was rated:

i am a alcholic sober 4mons i was diagnosed with bipolar 1 year ago.The thing is i feel great not drinking 1 day at atime My biggest concern is depression never feeling im good enough or provide for my wife and kids We have lived together for 33years married 22 7 kids We both have been faithful the whole time im not well endowed so i constantly feel inadequete She never cmplained I cant handle feeling like this I also survived testacle cancer 20 years ago
Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question. I can see the strife you are experiencing based on your post. Good for you for your 4 month sobriety and glad to hear about the family support you have. Based on your question, it seems as though you need a referral to receive therapy and/or medication management services. Is that correct? If so, please let me know and I can help.

Brad The Therapist :

If you can't afford medications, have you considered going to a Federally Qualified Health Center? Typically, these health centers have a behavioral health consutant that can assist you in obtainig medications at low cost due to lack of health insurance. If you feel comfortable in sharing what city and state you are writing from, I can give you a referral.

JACUSTOMER-vy8ri0j9- :
JACUSTOMER-vy8ri0j9- :

Thanks for your reply I feel i need to receive therapy. Its tough with copays and meds I am in Hawthorne NJ 07506 any help would be welcome

Brad The Therapist :

Here is a website for the FQHC in your county:

Brad The Therapist :

Please let me know if you have any further questions or how I can be of assistane.

Brad The Therapist :


Brad The Therapist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you