Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych
67112189

Iam suffering from very very irate and dirty moods. am

Customer Question

iam suffering from very very irate and dirty moods. am taking Arip MT 30mgbut still these audible hallucinations do not go away
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Rao replied 5 years ago.
If the auditory hallucinations still present there are two options.
1. You can ask your Psychiatrist to add Fluoxetine 20 mg to the Aripiprazole dose. The benefit is if you are having some depressive symptoms(as you said dirty moods) it will help.the second advantage is Fluoxetine would increase the Aripiprazole levels in the body by effecting it's metabolism. As Aripiprazole can not safely increased beyond 30mg by this sway there might be a room for that extra benefit.
2. You can discuss the addition of another anti psychotic medication Quetiapine starting with 50mg with gradual titration upwards depending on the response. But please make sure you discuss with your Doctor and have necessary investigations and ECG if you want to consider this option.
I hope you find the answer helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require more information.
I wish you all the best.
Thank you