Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

Sex does nothing for me i can get an orgasim during foreplay

Customer Question

sex does nothing for me i can get an orgasim during foreplay its not my partner of 5 years as he is always trying new things with me and i have had intercourse with 2 other men what is wrong with me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this problem. First, you are not alone with this , it is common.

Bill :

This is clinically referred to as Anorgasmia.

Bill :

Anorgasmia is the inability of women to achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation. Use of the word "inability" in the proceeding definition should be qualified, however. Although the term anorgasmia includes women who are medically unable to reach orgasm, the great majority of anorgasmia cases are caused by psychological, social, cultural, or relationship variables and are, therefore, best treated in therapy.

Bill :

The following link explains this in detail:

Bill :

Further medical information regarding Anorgasmia and its treatment can be found here:

Bill :

Most important is that you do not BLAME yourself.

Bill :

Talk to your Doctor about options in treatment.

Most often, this is something that is anxiety based but you want to rule out any medical factors as well.

Bill :

With counseling, most women and men are able to overcome this problem with through a variety techniques of cognitive behavioral therapy, Hypnotherapy and relaxation strategies.

Bill :

I trust this has served to answer your question and provide direction toward resolving the problem.

Bill :

Feel free to CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION:

Bill :

Otherwise,

Bill :

I wish you the very best,

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Bill :

-THANKS-