Louise Brady
Louise Brady, Registered Nurse
Experience:  Registered Mental Health Nurse
30347889

I accidentally took two of my 20 mg. cymbalta which doubles

I accidentally took two of my 20 mg. cymbalta which doubles the dose for the a.m. Am I going to be okay? Only been taking it two weeks.
Hello, I am a qualified Mental Health Nurse and would be happy to help with your question.
Cymbalta can be prescribed up to 120mg per day (though research into the clinical effectiveness of such high doses is inclusiveness)
40mg should not cause you any problems, complications normally result when an individual suffers from an existing renal impairment.
The half life of Cymbalta is approx 12 hours, reaching peak concentration after around 6 hours.
In the unlikely event of developing any adverse side effects it is always better to er on the side of caution and seek medical attention.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I feel okay so far except for maybe the anxiety of being so careless. I will relax and pay attention to any side affects. If I feel sick I will go to the doctor. No, No renal impairment.
You are welcome, some people find a dosette box helpful for remembering what they need to take and when.
Hopefully you will be able to relax a bit now!