Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

DR ANDERSEN - They messed up my account so I am back under

DR ANDERSEN - They messed...

DR ANDERSEN - They messed up my account so I am back under gemprincess1

my Lorazapem issues----

Q1-I think what I had wasn't allergies yesterday was it sinus problem. plse confirm by symptoms: on left side only. nasal passages clogged, temples hurt, throat glands sore Took ponaris nasal emollient and by today resolved. They said yesterday low pollen and today high. Asymptomatic today. Back to MONDAY (day 4)- 1.still having chills around 6:30pm before 7pm pill 2.slept: 6 hrs total

woke midnight - medium SHAKING then ok

Q2- Is shaking from residual effects of ORAL ATIVAN

Q3- by slowing down the taper, will they subside?

My doctor wanted me to make another cut this week and change me to another drug. I have lost complete faith and will stick to your help at this site.

midnight readings 127/92 p88 125/94 p76, 125/94 p78

Q4- put ice on arm- weird 133/122 p 67 was that bad idea????

1am took pill 1:15am 117/91 p65, 1:26am 11/90 67 114/91 68

Interval dosage time -4:45am BAD SHAKES (but not like before) - woke up from dream about them?

- drank hot liquid , not congested, just sneezing sweaty, 4:45am 112/88 p 85 5am 116/88 p78 7:30am after pill 113/94 p72 8am 109/86 p68 10am feel anxious 131/87 p 60

Q6- how does one relieve spikes in bp ? is it in thru breathing -- in thru mouth and out thru nose --or visa versa

Q7- Does warm wash cloth - help or hurt which of these- spikes in blood pressure, chills, anxiety, high pulse, shakes

q8 any suggestions how to relieve shakes when they come?

q9- It is tues and NOTready for additional withdrawals for tapering on friday. Should I wait a week.

q10- will thes shakes AT NIGHT remain or subside if I keep the dosage as is?

NOW I am on Lorazapem @ 7am .25mg/1pm .25mg

7pm .25mg 1am .50mg.

q11-will each additional cut be more difficult? Was my rough time because of oral Ativan or that each cut should be less from now on...not .25mg? What are your thoughts.

q12- tarted taper on fri ju 22 it is tues ju 26...(DAY4)will I have more tough times this week ahead????

I will not forget to compensate you generously ever. I need this ongoing help and think your knowledge and skill subset is extraordinary. I keep shooting all these questions because I trust you review all thoroughly and really give me the best advice. Thanks Margo

6/26/2012
Camille-Mod
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Greetings, and welcome back,
(1) Definitely sounds like nasal congestion, either due to allergies like from high pollen count, or from a brewing sinus infection.
(2) The shaking could be due to withdrawal symptoms (typically will be more like a shaking tremor) or chills if from the sinus.
(3) If the symptoms are due to sinus/allergy, the Ativan taper will have essentially no bearing on the sinus problem, so you can proceed as planned. Also, the taper being slowed will help the withdrawal symptoms, but it won't really do anything directly for the sinus problems.
(4) The ice will mess up the blood pressure readings, so no surprise there. Why did you put ice on your arm? :)
(5) I think this question got left out?
(6) Controlled breathing can help with not only respiratory rate, but help to lower heart rate, and it can also help to lower blood pressure since you are relaxing. I teach my patients to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth, in controlled breaths (In-1-2-3, out 1-2-3...)
(7) A warm wash cloth will help to relax you, and can in turn help to lower blood pressure because of being relaxed. so can a hot bath, but be careful to stay in a hot bath for 15 minutes at most, and stay well-hydrated to avoid blood pressure going too low.
(8) Unfortunately, nothing very effective for the shakes (other than another dose of Ativan, which we're trying to avoid), except to bear through them!
(9) Since it is Tuesday, let's wait until Thursday to see how you are doing and if you are ready for the next cut on Friday. Let's not worry about Friday just yet. :)
(10) The shakes will subside with time
(11) I think the difficulty of each cut will remain the same with respect to intensity, but it is highly possible they may be longer with respect to duration. That is typical for most patients, anyway.
(12) I don't think so. The fear of tapering is worse than tapering itself. :)
Hang in there! Great questions, and you are doing a great job!
Regards,
Dr. Anderson
Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor
Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson
Dr_Anderson, Doctor