Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

What is the first step when my adult daughter 46 finally want

What is the first step when my adult daughter 46 finally want help with ADHD(maybe bipolar)? She lives in WA. no job, about to be homeless. I can bring her to OR. with me but don't know where to start helping her. I am retired so that means tight money. She has none and no job record, just the usual drug use and arrests, ect. It's the unfortunately all to common story of a school drop out never getting the help she needed. What now? Are there any government programs to help with cost?
I appreciate your help, Ruth K

Dr. Rossi :

Hi Ruth,

Dr. Rossi :

Yes, there are options for individuals w/o insurance or with limted funds.

Dr. Rossi :

Mental health services can be sought at her local Community Mental Health Center

Dr. Rossi :

At this center, she can work with a case worker who can connect her with resources such as applying for disability (based on mental or physical conditions) Individuals can receive counseling and psychiatric care as well.

Dr. Rossi :

Also, rxassist.com allows for individuals to apply for assistance in covering their medications (if she is to be taking any)

Dr. Rossi :

The first step would be to make an appointment at her nearest community mental center

Dr. Rossi :

Here is the site to find the one near her http://www.wcmhcnet.org/providers.asp

Dr. Rossi :

Community Mental Health centers are state funded for those in need of mental health/substance abuse treatment. There, she can be evaluated and receive counseling and meds (depending on what she wants to try)

Dr. Rossi :

Feel free to reply

At these centers there may be vocational rehab programs as well.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much. I needed direction and you gave it. Ruth
You welcome!