Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

I need help for my 25 yr old grandson...He is unemployed and

I need help for my 25 yr old grandson...He is unemployed and cannot keep a job because he talks to himself and has outbursts of profanity for no apparant reason. Where can I find help in Shreveport...Free or low cost?
Dr. Rossi :

Dr. Rossi :

Has he ever been diagnosed w/ a condition? Do you suspect any drug use?

Dr. Rossi :

Local Community Mental Health centers usually serve individuals w/o insurance and on a limited income. To find the nearest his home, you may phone the United Way toll free # 211 dialed from a land line or google community mental health w/ his state/area of residence.

Dr. Rossi :

At these centers, a client can get to work with a case worker and receive psychiatric care as well as counseling. Some centers also provide vocational rehab or assisted living for those who qualify.

Dr. Rossi :

If there are any mental or physical condition that qualify for social security disability, they can also help him apply for these

Dr. Rossi :

If he is to be given a prescription for medication, he can apply for RX financial assistance through rxassist.com

Dr. Rossi :

Most pharmaceutical companies have applications on their individual websites as well in regard to helping individuals get coverage for their medicaitons.

Customer:

Where do I go to see if he can apply for SS or financial assistance

Dr. Rossi :

Do you know if he has a diagnosis? That would be if you're applying for mental or medical ssi

Customer:

His mother had him seeing a counseler in Tennessee but he refused to continue and stopped taking Rx - She did not know what drug they had him on

Dr. Rossi :

At least there is a paper trail of him being evaluated. You can apply online or it would be helpful to even use a disability attorney to do this on his behalf. They don't charge anything unless the person gets awarded disability and then only take a percentage.

Dr. Rossi :

www.ssa.gov/pgm/disability.htm

Dr. Rossi :

He can also be assessed to see what is causing his behavior at the Community Mental Health Center and they could come up w/ a diagnosis and a treatment plan

Customer:

If I can get him to agree to see someone, how do I find someone locally? What kind of dr or counselor do I look for

Customer:

I think you just answered my ? before I asked

Dr. Rossi :

If he is willing to see someone, you'd want him to see a psychiatrist. The local community mental center should have those. What is his zip?

Customer:

71118

Dr. Rossi :

What state is it in?

Customer:

Louisiana city of Shreveport

Dr. Rossi :

Ok, one monent

Dr. Rossi :

moment

Dr. Rossi :

Shreveport Behavioral Health Clinic - Children/Youth Division***** Building 3, Suite 350 , Shreveport, LA 71105 | PH:(###) ###-####

Dr. Rossi :

•Shreveport Behavioral Health Clinic - Adult Treatment Services
1310 North Hearne Avenue , Shreveport, LA 71107 | PH:(###) ###-####/p>

Dr. Rossi :

It would be the second one since he's 25 yol

Customer:

The one on North Hearne?

Dr. Rossi :

Yes

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. Rossi :

The first link to the govenrment site has listed more locations in various areas in case something else is also closer to him

Dr. Rossi :

You welcome. Hope he gets to hear your advice and follow through with it.

Customer:

ok

You could assist him in making the appointment and offer to go with him to it for emotional support (and to make sure that he goes)