How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 68 year old male, married, and I am unable to achieve

This answer was rated:

I am a 68 year old male, married, and I am unable to achieve erections. I still have the strong desire for normal sex but am unable to achieve an erection therefore unable to achieve any real satisfaction. Is sex theropy real could it help me achieve erections.


Sex therapy is helpful when the cause for the sexual problem is of emotional/psychological nature.

If your MD had ruled out other physiological reasons i.e. testosterone levels, diabetes, etc. for the ED, then exploring other treatment options is reasonable.

Hypnotherapy is another therapeutic tool to consider depending on what you want to try.

Hypnosis targets the subconscious mind while counseling would be working with your conscious mind i.e. fears, emotional blockages, etc.

Hypnosis is really self hypnosis where you allow your body and mind to function at a relaxed state (your brain waves would differ ) in order to make the necessary changes.

American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists

Dr. Rossi and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you