How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

have a friend whos 22 doesnt want to leave the house, refuses

Resolved Question:

have a friend whos 22 doesnt want to leave the house, refuses to see a doctor, refuses to go back to school, thinks his friends and family want to kill him; he doesnt drink or do drugs, good grades and from a wealty family . i suggsted bring the doctor to him.?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rossi :


Dr. Rossi :

Are you asking if you should ask her to consider him being evaluated at home?

Dr. Rossi :

He may be paranoid

Dr. Rossi and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Depending on their state of residence, some local community service agencies also offer mobile assessment.

To find out if one is available in their area, she may phone the United Way toll Free #211 dialed from a land line. Or google Community Mental Health and his area of residence/state.


If he is violent or there is a possibility that they fear he may hurt himself, she can even phone 911. In those case, they can transport the individual to a crisis stabilization facility.