Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
46062601

Hello Dr OlsenI have a problem of worrying what other people

Hello Dr Olsen I have a problem of worrying what other people think about me. Is this because of low self esteem and lack of confidence in myself? Are there any books you recommend that will help me not to worry of what other people think about me? Also do you feel hynosis CDs can help me? I do not know how hypnosis is different from other traditional meditation programs. Are there any hynosis CDs you recommend that will help me not to worry what people think of me? I saw one site with the cd titled stop carrying what others think at realsubliminal.com. It has the sound of ocean waves with hidden subliminal messages. I am not sure if you recommend this or to have a person's voice coaching me on the hypnosis CD. Thank you for your help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for writing to me.
If you are worried about what other people think about you all the time, you may have self-esteem issues.
I would recommend these books:

1. Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem by
Dr. Matthew McKay, Patrick Fanning

2. The Self-Esteem Workbook by
Dr. Glenn R. Schiraldi

Also,
"Awaken The Giant Within by
Anthony Robbins" (audio CD) will be useful to increase your self confidence and goals.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Dr Olsen

Thank you for your book recommendations. Hypnosis CDs, can they also help me in addition to your book recommendations? I saw at realsubliminal.com a cd titled stop caring what others think. It has the sound of ocean waves with hidden subliminal messages. Or do you recommend a person's voice coaching me on the CD for hypnosis? Which hypnosis CDs do you recommend that will help me to stop worrying what other people think of me?

Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
I don't know about good hypnosis CDs.
You may check out Amazon-hypnosis CDs and read other people's reviews on products:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hypnotherapy+cds&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3856157211&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16030792001049879736&hv

Is there any question that I can assist you with?
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience: PsyD Psychologist