ReneeLPC
ReneeLPC, Therapist
Experience:  LPC in NJ, LMHC in NY
67502503

Can I choose my psychologist?

Customer Question

Can I choose my psychologist?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr_Anderson replied 5 years ago.
Dr_Anderson :

Greetings, and thank you for the question. Yes, of course you can! You have the right to choose whom you want to see.

Dr_Anderson :

That being said, if you have insurance, they may try to dictate who you can see, or at least limit it, but the ultimate choice is still yours.

Customer:

Great. Wheres the list? Is there an Anna online?

Dr_Anderson :

Ah, do you mean choose the person on Just Answer that you want to talk to?

Customer:

yes.

Dr_Anderson :

Well, there ought to be a list of experts online, or a link to it, listed on your page. Most folks tell me it is near the right hand side of the screen, but I'm not sure.

Dr_Anderson :

Click on it, if it asks you to narrow the search, choose "Mental Health" and those who are online will show up.

Dr_Anderson :

If the person you are looking for is not online, you can still ask for them.

Customer:

yeah i thought it would but it didnt. I have to leave this page to find out. Save and exit?

Dr_Anderson :

To do so, preface your question with their name. Also, make sure the time for them to respond is long enough, since they might not come on for a while.

Dr_Anderson :

Yes, save and exit. Or, if you are done with our part, you can click accept to close it out.

Customer:

and my page is at'my questions'

Dr_Anderson :

Yes, your screen is a bit different in appearance from our screen, but it seems they do have some similarities.

Expert:  ReneeLPC replied 5 years ago.
you can! My name is***** and I am the Executive Director and Owner of Synergy Counseling Group in Central NJ. I have 13 years experience in the field, with specialties in addiction, effective parenting strategies, and mood management.
Let me know if I can be of service!