How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Wise Your Own Question
Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 650
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Howard Wise is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an eight year old daughter whose thearapist and I believe

Customer Question

I have an eight year old daughter whose thearapist and I believe has a learning disorder or ADD. My daughters dad will not let the behavioral thearapist treat her that her pediatrian recommended. Hoe do I get my daughter psychological or behavioral tested for a learning or behavioral disorders????
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 5 years ago.
Good evening, this is Howard,

Are you and your child's father divorced? What is the custody arrangement?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No we have never been married. My daughter. And I left him when she was eleven months old. I have her 70% of the time. Mostly Monday thru Saturday early afternoons. Then he picks her up until Sunday evening. Sometimes he brings her to school on Monday's. He doesn't make time for her homework so we get it done before she goes with him. Tim and I can not communicate. He is hot temptered and controlling.
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

You said that Tim will not let the behavioral therapist treat your daughter. Can you tell me how he can prevent that from happening?

Regarding having your daughter tested for a learning disorder, you will need to speak to her counselor at school or to her principal to request an evaluation. A school psychologist should be able to evaluate her. It's also a good idea to put your request in writing so that you have a record of it.

Related Mental Health Questions