How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been a relationship for over 10 years. at first i

Customer Question

i have been a relationship for over 10 years. at first i didnt realize what was going on until now. we are not living together now. I lost my autistic son to cps it was so traumatic and he threw me out of the house to protect his son. He goes back in forth with the verbal abuse a little physical abuse. i dont know what end is up anymore im fighting for my son and he terrorizes me, then he loves me. Now for a month he only texts me i know he is with someone. He has my car title everytime i try to have him give it to me he says of course but then he forgets it. I need it he knows it he lies all the time blames me for everything that went wrong i feel like im losing my mind. I have no family he knows this. He threatens me that he will kill me or anyone i date. i have very little money and i dont know what to do. I want to run but i have my son to worry about i need help.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.


Do you have any close friends? Would you consider seeking legal assistance for his threats?

There may be some options in your area such as a temporary housing/shelter for battered women. There you would be safe from him as he would not know your whereabouts.

If you have not considered applying for social security disability for your son, that could be something to look into.

The United Way toll free # 211 dialed from a land line may direct you to a womens and children's safe location/shelter unless you feel safe at your current residence.

Another option is if you're connected with a church community, to possibly inquire about any resources/assistance they may be able to provide.

You've got to make a plan about which steps to take i.e. contact a trusted friend, phone 911 if you're fearing for your safety and that of your son, consider getting a protective order, find out which women's shelters/agencies are in your area, possibly sell items you don't need to get some additional funds, get connected to a local women's support group, if you're working and your job offers EAP benefits, you may get some free counseling, etc.

Feel free to clarify what kind of direction you're seeking.

USA National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-***-***-**** (SAFE)

Domestic Violence Support Organization - Online Support Group ...