sopsych
sopsych, Therapist
Experience:  Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology Licensed Mental Health Counselor Twenty One Years Postgraduate Clinical Experience
67586046

Question 1What are some thoughts on psychology before you

Question 1
What are some thoughts on psychology before you read anything about psychology? Now, based on your initial readings have your attitudes toward or thoughts about psychology changed? Why is psychology important as a social science?
Justify your answers with appropriate reasoning and research from your readings.
Question 2
One of the common misconceptions regarding psychology is that it deals only with the analysis and treatment of persons who either have been diagnosed with mental illness or are emotionally disturbed. Explain why this assumption is partially incorrect. To support your explanation, identify two subfields of psychology and describe in detail what they study.

RLiebowitz :

this requires readings

Customer:

yes

Psychology is the study of the mind and mental phenomena. Psychology is important as a social science because our mind is both the reciepient and the center of initiative of all the activity of our lives. It is our minds that orient us toward reality and determine the kinds of interactions and experiences that we engage in. All other social science as well as all of culture is conditioned by our mental activity.

Areas of psychology that have little to do with treatment include studies in perception, cognition, memory etc. Clinical and or counseling psychology is specifically related to disorders of thought and emotion and techniques for remediating these difficulties. These applied psychologies actually consitute a small part of the overall subject matter that psychology seeks to study.

sopsych, Therapist
Experience: Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology Licensed Mental Health Counselor Twenty One Years Postgraduate Clinical Experience
I'm glad that my response was helpful to you. If you need further assistance feel free to contact me. I would be happy to elaborate further on this question or respond to any new questions or concerns you might have. Thanks for utilizing my help. Cordially, Daniel Gaynor