psychcns
psychcns, Nurse
Experience:  Advanced Practice Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist with Prescriptive Privileges
63942549

I am taking Seroquil XR 50 at bed time for Major Depression.

I am taking Seroquil XR 50 at bed time for Major Depression. I also take Elavil, Effexor XR and Xanax. Since I am loosing my health insurance, that particular med costs over 300.00. I have had major depression for over 2 years now. Should I start to think about disability? I am an out of work Computer Network Engineer, 39, and had to move back in with my father whom is on a fixed income.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychcns replied 5 years ago.

psychcns :

First of all, the dosage of Seroquel XR has not been given a fair trial for depression, it should at least get to a target dosage of 150mg. What is your dosage of Effexor XR, is it maximized? As far as cost, the makers of Seroquel XR have a patient assistance program which is quite generous in regards XXXXX XXXXX much you are able to make and be eligible to receive it. You complete your part, the clinician does their part and it is sent in for processing. If approved, the drug comes free in your name to your clinicians office.

psychcns :

As far as the disability question, a clinician would have to have much more info to make a recommendation for that and I suggest you talk to your psychiatric practitioner about this.

psychcns :

The website for this program is pparx.org

psychcns :

Click on participating patient assistance programs in top middle then patient assistance programs on left hand side of screen then type in Seroquel XR and it will bring up Astra Zeneca PAP for people without insurance, click on that and it will tell you about the eligibility criteria and then click on application for printable application to take to your practitioner.

psychcns :

Hope I have been of help. Please accept my answer if so. Wish you the best, sir.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am on 150mg Effexor XR - but have been as high as 300 BID. I am finding it harder and harder to get out of bed and do things...