How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Wise Your Own Question
Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 650
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Howard Wise is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been seperated for almost 3 1/2 years, married for

Customer Question

i have been seperated for almost 3 1/2 years, married for almost 4 years. There has been physical as well as verbal abuse on both sides, custody and child support issues, can there ever be any chance of resolving this or should i cut my losses and move on? Unfortunately I tend to not give up on people even when the writing is on the wall. Counseling, individual and couples has not made it better either.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 5 years ago.
Good morning, this is Howard,

Giving up on someone you care about is very difficult, but there are times when this is absolutely necessary. This sounds like one of those times.

From the limited information you have provided I would recommend that you cut your losses and move on. You have tried your best.
Howard Wise and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any way i can do this amicably? she is very manipulative and turns everything and anything as something against her. her grandmother passed away and had dementia and several other issues. this woman has had relationship, fidelity issues prior to me and her child from another relationship does not see or is not acknowledged by the father, i feel since we have a child that she is taking her pain and hatred out on me? i just want us to be civil and try and be reasonable during this process.
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 5 years ago.
I don't understand what it is that you want to do amicably. It's my understanding that you are not living together. What is it that you want to accomplish?