Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.
66386897

I am very upset over the idea of ever going to Indiana to

Customer Question

I am very upset over the idea of ever going to Indiana to see my son. He doesn't like my husband; insists that it is my husband's fault that the dog jumps all over him; insists that my husband physically overpower the dog and hold him down till he calms down; also my son would prefer I go there alone. I never go anywhere without my husband. T he only time I did go to Indiana alone was whenit required an extented stay when my son was in critical condition with pancreatitus from a life of alcohol abuse. So now he says, "Well, you came here alone when I was sick. Why can't you come alone when I'm well. I don't know what to do. My son is married and has a 4 year old daughter whom I miss. What should I do? I'm thinking of insisting they come to Florida to see me instead of us going there.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 5 years ago.
Good morning, this is Howard,

This sounds like a difficult situation. I understand that it's your usual practice to travel with your husband but, upon occasion you will travel by yourself. That sounds like the best option now.

What is making you so uncomfortable about going to see your son without your husband this time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm afraid if I start that, it will fast become precedent and I don't like traveling alone. My son likes to text and talk on his cell phone while he is driving which scares me. My husband always rents a car. I've never rented a car alone. As for the dog, he jumps on me too but not as agressive as with my husband.