How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MN Psychiatrist Your Own Question
MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 792
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
MN Psychiatrist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosised with bipolar and panic disorder.

Resolved Question:

I have been diagnosised with bipolar and panic disorder. There are no psychiatrist around my area. I am receiving disability for my conditions, but i cannot get any meds. I am now starting to cycle thru in my bipolar and am desperate for help. What can I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
I'm sorry that you are going through this. If you have been stable on a particular medication regimen in the past, it is possible that another primary care doctor would be comfortable prescribing it for you again. Many of them do. However, not all primary care doctors are comfortable with prescribing/managing psychiatric mediations , as you've seen with yours - or only certain once, but it is worth checking into. Short of being able to see a psychiatrist, I cannot imagine that there is any other option.
Does this make sense?
MN Psychiatrist and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you