How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ask-Rivka Your Own Question
Ask-Rivka, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 57
Experience:  Licensed Social Worker
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ask-Rivka is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a wife i met and she is EGYPTIAN FROM Cairo and has

Customer Question

I have a wife i met and she is EGYPTIAN FROM Cairo and has been here 5 years.she came from a family ware dad hit mom brother hit girl friends and my wife who knocked her father around when he was being abusive. i have did lots of reading about narcissist and i have been living it.she has showed some singes of physical abuse towards me twice hitting and throwing things and once to my 3 year old son she lost it and kicked him.
she has a daycare at her house and she watches kids including our son. she is most defiantly verbal abusive to all of us and my question is now that she got served divorce papers and she seems to be getting worse and worse she has committed forgery embellishment and is trying to take my son away from me she has not let me see him in a mouth and i am getting worried that she might snap. what should i do to help her or protect my son i have a lawyer and it is going slow.she is very good at hiding it in publick
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ask-Rivka replied 5 years ago.
Hi there- Terribly sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you did what you could to try to help her. Now your priority should be on what you can do to help your son and yourself. I am concerned that she has a daycare in her home and that you say she is verbally abusive and has a history of throwing things, etc. I would recommend calling to licensing agency (assuming she is a licensed day care provider) in order to report these things. I would also call the dept of child services in your state to report these abuses (toward your son and possibly the other children). I would do what I could also to notify the other children's parents in the day care. Since you are already in the process of getting a divorce, you are clearly taking child custody up with the legal system already. So that's good. Also important, keep an open relationship with your child (assuming he is old enough) and ask him about what goes on when he is with her. You want him to feel comfortable talking to you so that if things do happen, he will know he can speak with you. (hopefully this will not be the case of course). I would definitely call child services though in order for them to investigate her. I hope this helps you. Good luck to you.
Expert:  Ask-Rivka replied 5 years ago.
Just checking in to see if you require any further help. If you are satisfied with my help, please click the green accept answer button. Best of luck to you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi sweetie i found your answer very general and have all ready did what you suggested.
so no i did not fined your answer help full in any part of my situation. For your info i found out that the only thing i can do as a MAN calling and making a report of this is that yes i can report it they don't take it to serious when it is coming from a man DEVORCING HIS
WIFE because people do weird stuff. They told me that they will do a surprise visit and check everything. so until she leaves the country with my son or hits him it mostly just goes unnoticed. I called the lic. board and she had talked to them yesterday and were told that i would be calling and just making stuff up and it was unfounded because she is the person with the actual lic in her name. i don't even know if they put in on paper since she has been dealing with them for a while and has a standing report they pretty much believe her. I am not sure if they realize that the FBI back round check would not pick up any thing she may have did in EGYEPT because they don't give record like that to the us for small that is what i know and i fined being a concerned father that their is no help for men at all because of the stereo typical abuser is a man i was a battered husband for 4 years and when i went to get help and file a report at the police station there were some uniformed officers their that over heard me telling the person and they were leafing that i man would report that his wife beats him. thank god for counseling,
Expert:  Ask-Rivka replied 5 years ago.
Then it sounds like you're an excellent father who has done everything in your power to help yourself and protect your child. Good job. I'm not quite sure what else you could do. I hope counseling proves positive for you.
Expert:  Ask-Rivka replied 5 years ago.
Please let me know if I can help you with any further questions. If I have answered your question and provided you with the encouragement and referrals needed, please accept my answer by clicking on the green accept button. Thanks and good luck to you.