How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MN Psychiatrist Your Own Question
MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 792
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
MN Psychiatrist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work as a volunteer refering mental health patients to

Resolved Question:

I work as a volunteer refering mental health patients to clinical trials and I want to become more involved in the field of mental healthcare. I want to offer my services as an interviewer / recorder of those who have mental illnesses. Is there any praticular protocol or license that I must obtain in order to do so? Also do you have any advice on who I should contact to offer these services?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
To answer your question, I guess it depends on the purpose of your interviewing/recording people with mental illnesses. What would be your purpose in doing this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In speaking with clinical trial service providers it has been mentioned that their is a demand for these interviews to take place. I suppose it is to gather more information about the subjects in order to develope medications to counter act symtoms so it would be to know more details about the symtoms as well as to improve the education of counselers and psychologists.
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
If you are only asking questions, and not making decisions based on the information you receive, there is no need for a license unless, say an agency that wants to hire people to do this requires that they are nurses or medical assistants, etc. In other words, specific criteria as to what is required depends on the job.

The best place to inquire about such jobs would be in the psychiatry departments of medical schools/teaching hospitals and also in pharmacy schools.
MN Psychiatrist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you