Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.
32195369

What if the adicted person is 3000 miles away but you

what if the adicted person is 3000 miles away but you suspect they are on drugs and seem to push family members away by arguing and creating scenes when they are together with family.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have just sent my reply to the above and this is taking me sometime to get an answer. I already paid $22 dollars so I do hope this time I get a response. The above response I do appreciate and it seems to me my reply will further explain our needs for advice. Thank you for your time in considering an answer to our concern.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Expert:  Suzanne replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for bringing your question to JustAnswer.

It is entirely possible that the person is trying to keep the family at a distance so as to keep the drug use a secret.

It sounds as if you have tried to communicate with the person and suggest they have treatment. Very few people will receive suggestions that there is something deeper wrong with them willingly. One thing that people who have alcoholism or addiction in their family come to learn is that trying to convince the person to get help rarely works. The pull of the addiction makes them unable to hear the concern of others.

Usually the only thing that finally gets someone into treatment is when the consequences of their behavior affect their live enough that they can no longer ignore it.

Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.