How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MN Psychiatrist Your Own Question
MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 792
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
MN Psychiatrist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is acting in an unbalanced way asking to be

Resolved Question:

my wife is acting in an unbalanced way asking to be committed. Have concerns about her welfare. What should I do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.

For me to best answer this I need some more information. What exactly is she doing, and why is she wanting to be committed? Does she have a history of mental health problems? What can you tell me about her?

I will be unavailable for the next half hour or so, and will then be back.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My wife has now taken into her own hands and phoned the police. Not sure what will happen next
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
If they have concerns about her, my guess is they will take her to a hospital emergency room for a psychiatric assessment.
MN Psychiatrist and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you