How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MN Psychiatrist Your Own Question
MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 792
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
MN Psychiatrist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have taken ADHD self assessment tests online and every where

Resolved Question:

I have taken ADHD self assessment tests online and every where I get the result which tells me to go and consult a trained health professional.I am just worried that even if I ask someone for help,it will be because they think I am a slacker and want an excuse.I don't know how to come out of this circle.Could you advice me as to how I should manage my affairs ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
If you have ADHD, there is no way to legally obtain most of the medications used to treat ADHD without seeing a physician (preferably a psychiatrist), so it really is the best thing to do, and you can find out for certain if you really have it or not.

Psychiatrists see people with ADHD every day. It's not that big a deal to them, and we don't tend to think of people with ADHD as "slackers."

Does this make sense?
MN Psychiatrist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you