JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.
11914957

I have been very sad, aggitated, hopeless and lost for

Customer Question

I have been very sad, aggitated, hopeless and lost for several months. Thos seems to happen throughout my life. I will ralley but then with time, it starts all over again. The time frames I do better keep shrinking. I also have also been diagnosed with ADHD in 2007. I am in my 40's, live in a blended family and have lost my job Dec 2011. For the past 6 months, I'm embarassed to say I've been drinking a bottle of wine each night and often black out. I am very worried and want to get better.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 5 years ago.
JaRee1993 :

Hi, Thank you for contacting Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a mental health counselor. It sounds as though you are really struggling with several things right now including the depression and are self medicating with the wine. However, I hear you saying that you don't want to do that and that you have not tried therapy since you stared drinking. I am not sure whether you are still on medication now, if you are you may need to see if a different medication will better treat your symptoms. Cynbalta and Abilify are two good ones. I recommend you find a mental health agency that can handle both your alcohol and mental health counseling as well as a psychiatrist who can evaluate you for possible medication treatment. It sounds as though money could be an issue for you so I recommend you please call your local mental health board and ask them to refer you to an agency that has mental health and alcohol counselors and psychiatrist who go by your income. This way you will probably pay little or nothing for your treatment.

Please let me know if I can assist you further in this. If this answer has helped you then please press the Accept button at the bottom of the page so that I can be paid by Just Answer. Also, please fill out the feedback form so that I can know how to better serve our customers. Again, thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

Customer:

Thank you JaRee. Sometimes we have the answer but just need to hear it from a source we believe is better qualified then ourselves. : ) I know I need mental health care but hadn't thought about a total care solution like a psychiatrist or looking towards the local mental health board for assistance. Any suggestions on how I locate the "right" health professional?

JaRee1993 :

Do you live in the US?

JaRee1993 :

Sorry, I see that you do.

Customer:

yes. i am splitting my time between central ohio and sw pennsylvania.

JaRee1993 :

I would call your local chamber of commerce to get the number of your local mental health board. Explain that you need alcohol, and mental health treatment as well as a psychiatrist and that you need an agency that can go by your income. Call the agency and make an appointment for an evaluation, be very open and honest with them about your needs. Be patient,for it sometimes takes a little time to complete the process, do not give up for it also takes some time to find the right medication for you. However, please let the agency know if you are not comfortable with your counselor because you need to talk with someone you can trust and build a bond with so they can help you. Most of all stay determined to get well and do not let anyone or anything detour you from that goal. Does that help?

JaRee1993 :

Where bouts in Central Ohio?

Customer:

i live in columbus, oh but have been looking for work in pittsburgh as well.

JaRee1993 :

The agency I work for has a facility in Columbus that has the alcohol, mental health and psychiatrist. The name is ***** ***** they are located on Alum Creek Dr. there in Columbus. Would you like their number?

JaRee1993 :

I do not work at that facility, however, they are very helpful to their clients I know.

Customer:

yes please and thank you for the guidance. I've heard of Maryhaven but have been concerned about the kind of care I'd recieve or if they'd want to institutionalize me. of course that thought is pretty scary...

JaRee1993 :

That is something they might suggest, however, they have many out patient programs and will help you find the program best for you. They will not insist on hospitalizing you. They also go by your income if you are a Franklin County or Delaware County resident. They are located at 1791 Alum Creek Drive and their number is(###) ###-#### Be sure to tell them you need help with all three areas. Please let me know if you have trouble getting an appointment. My thoughts will be with you.

Please let me know if I can assist you further in this. If this answer has helped you then please press the Accept button at the bottom of the page so that I can be paid by Just Answer. Also, please fill out the feedback form so that I can know how to better serve our customers. Again, thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 5 years ago.
please fill out the feedback form so that I can know how to better serve our customers. Again, thank you for contacting Just Answer.