Dr. Colby
Dr. Colby, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed psychologist in WA. Areas of practice are clinical psychology, forensic psychology and clinical neuropsychology.
25026376

where would i go in flagstaff az to get in to a program for

Customer Question

where would i go in flagstaff az to get in to a program for being a abuser
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Colby replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Colby :

Hi, this is Dr. Colby.

Although I am in WA, I may be able to help. Could you tell me who, if at all, you have already contacted and what they have said?

Dr. Colby :

Are you still there, and are you still interested in getting some help with this problem?

JACUSTOMER-inxtu1ca- :

yes i just need to know where to go or whoto see in flagstaff az ive been looking

Dr. Colby :

I did a Google search for "domestic violence treatment flagstaff" and found several entries. That would be my suggestion as to where to start.

The way to approach it might be to call a few, tell them just what you wrote, here, originally, and see if they have anything to offer. Generally, domestic violence treatment is going to be related to things like anger management and other techniques to learn self-control and how to identify precursors to engaging in domestic abuse, violent or otherwise. There may be classes, and there may also be individual and/or group therapies. It will all depend upon what you can find, what appeals to you, what works and what you can afford.

At some point, if your wife is willing and if there has not been aggressive physical abuse, it might be beneficial for you to engage in marital counseling, together. If she is feeling abused, it might take a while for her to feel safe to do that.

If this advice is of assistance to you, please indicate such by checking the "accept" button to provide me with credit for helping you, and also you may provide specific feedback, if you wish.