Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice
16903060

I am lost and deeply depressed. I met this woman and i think

I am lost and deeply depressed. I met this woman and i think I love her . this feeling i carry have been on for the last 4 months.I am a married man, my wife and children have been away for the last six months. I dont know what to do.
There were ups and downs in my marriage but i never intend to end it. I just love my four children so much and know that my wife loves me more than I do. I am thinking that once my wife and children are back i can get over this. my family are away for work reasons not because we had a fight or something.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.
Dr.Kappler :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Dr.Kappler :

You sound like you are facing a moral and emotional dilemma. It also sounds like you are a committed family man and would not have been in this position if your family was with you. You don't sound like you have a real reason to leave your family and start a new one without complicating your life and strapping yourself with child support and alimony payments to the point of financial exhaustion. You are very wise to postpone your new relationship till you are reunited with your family and them make a decision rather than going behind your family's back and suffer the scourge of your children and wife.

Dr.Kappler :

I see that you are currently off-line. I have responded to your request as best as I can. If you have more to add about the situation feel free to do so. If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the accept button. Experts are paid only for each accepted answer they provide.

Customer:

hello!!

Dr.Kappler :

I am sorry this site just had pased in the last paragraph on its own. please disregard it

Dr.Kappler :

Any reaction to my first paragraph?

Customer:

yes, I wanted to add to add that we had an intimate encounter twice. the time between the two encounters was 6 weeks . what does that tell?

Dr.Kappler :

It means that you need to make a decision. I would recommend that you wait till your wife to comes back to do anything and then think about what you want to do next. You have three alternatives (1) stay with your wife and not tell her (2) stay and tell her. and (3) separate and go with this new woman. You need to spend a good deal of time exploring the consequences of your actions. You also should think about getting some therapy to discover why you got into this situation since there is a high probability that you will do it again.

Dr.Kappler :

I am still here

Dr.Kappler :

I will be available on Wednesday from 9 till 11 AM and after 8PMM PST.

Dr.Kappler :

I need to inform you of the situation as it stands so you can decide what to do. You have made the effort to ask and receive a response to your question. That item has been timed out because you have accepted the repose but not clicked the acceptance button. As a result you have my hard work and compassion and I have no payment. If there is anything else I can do as an expert let me know or address it in a separate response addressed to me and I will gladly answer it.

Dr.Kappler :

I will be online for another hour and then return in the late afternoon till midnight. I am interested in your reaction to my interpretation. If you are satisfied please remember that I don't get paid unless you click the accept button.

Dr.Kappler :

You need to look to the future which you can change and have control over more than looking back in despair.

Dr.Kappler :

Your question remains timed out and will be closed unless you respond. If there is more you would need in answering your request let me know. Otherwise unless you click the accept key I will not be paid.