Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

I have bipolar disorder,excessive daytime sleepiness,and

Customer Question

I have bipolar disorder,excessive daytime sleepiness,and chronic nocturnal myoclonus or periodic limb movement disorder and am always asleep. My question concerns my complete inability to achieve any mental imagery, however hard I try to. I practice hard daily as I have for about 10 years now,and Can still not evoke a face or a place, or an object ever. I do not dream pictures either. I have an appalling short term memory, and take forever to read or write anything,I often write gobbledygook I don't know where it comes from, and although I can read words well and fast, I have to keep repeating the reading because a translator in my head goes missing and don't understand the words. I was of above average IQ prior to my illnesses. Noone has yet explained the confusing later symptoms, I'm going back to sleep as usual now. Hope you can shed some light on my direction, faithfully XXXXX XXXXXXX.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Additional information requires defining to specific questions to respond - and I can assure you that the question vexes me greatly. -as does the to me the Much desired and necessary answer still perplex.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your post. please tell me more about your current symptoms that is affecting your sleep and other activities. What type of treatment are you currently receiving? Do you attend therapy in addition to taking medications? How long do you sleep and do you have difficult falling asleep or staying asleep?
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience: 10 years of experience in working with youth and adults