Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

I am on 200 mgs of Zoloft and 2 mgs of Klonopin and still

Customer Question

i am on 200 mgs of Zoloft and 2 mgs of Klonopin and still don't want to go anywhere or get dressed to leave my house
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

Is the medication effective in decreasing your depression and anxiety?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anxiety..yes Depression ...yes however, leaves me in a state of inertia actually
Hello again,

It is possible that the doses are too high. You are getting symptom relief ...which is good, of course.....but has zapped your energy. Talk to the precribing doctor about lowering the dose slightly so you still have symptoms relief but yoour energy returns.

I hope this helps....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am going to do that end of this month. Usually when I lower meds it brings attacks back. However, I am hoping the Zoloft will not give me problems. I have been house bound for a while. I choose I guess to live this way. However, I am going to try to lower meds. Not sure if another form of therapy would work for this situation.
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.
If you have indeed made a decision to live that way, housebound, you will need to find a reason you want to change that decision or become more comfortable with your decision.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Wilfong, you are right. I don't have any motivation to change. I am always fighting the idea of giving up on life. Which if at my age. 64. would be what I would be doing. It just seems like everything is an effort. I keep my doctor appts. and then go back to bed. How does one become comfortable with a bad choice. with all due respect
You have to decide there is nothing wrong with your decision, and you have a right to make it. There is likely outside pressure to change. The main problem I see is you view this as a "bad decision". As long as you see it that way, you will not accept it. If it is truly what you see as best option for YOU, it is not a bad decision. Try to make the best of the time you spend at home.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your time. I fight with myself on this decision. I do not want to live the rest of my days in side the house. I guess I could reverse your thoughts and fight to make a change. Doctor, I want to travel and go out like- well- like I feel I want to. I just can't make the move. I appreciate your thoughts on nothing wrong staying in the home. I am not productive in this envorment either. I need a change and yet I struggle and wait. I guess there is know easy answer for me.
you can change decision. Most often, attitude changes after action. Waiting to feel like it won't help. Find small things you like and force yourself. It won't be easy, but I promise waiting won't help.
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience: Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.