How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brad The Therapist Your Own Question
Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 549
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Brad The Therapist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What sort of mental health practitioner would be best to

Resolved Question:

What sort of mental health practitioner would be best to diagnose a personality disorder, specifically schizoid?
Also would it be fair to say that if I was 'schizoid' that I wouldn't actually feel like anything was wrong?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.
Brad :

Thank you for your question. To receive a diagnosis of schizoid, I suggest seeing a psychologist for a diagnosis. To answer your other question, if you had schizoid personality disorder, you may sense something might be wrong, seek out help, but not for the most part feel satisfied with your current life.

Brad The Therapist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you