How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3707
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have problems with Anxiety My heart starts to pump fast, I

Customer Question

I have problems with Anxiety My heart starts to pump fast , I feel out of Breath , and feel almost like I am gonna pass out ,,,
And at night I have problems sleeping ,,I cant stop thinking , It seem every time I try to sleep Another thought comes rushing in and I cant stop it ,,,,
What causes this ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  commissure replied 5 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

I am so sorry that you are having anxiety.

These episodes sound like panic attacks. These are common in patients with PTSD or severe anxiety disorder. The Clonazepam is a medication to help relax you and decrease some of your anxiety.

Do you have a doctor to go to to ask for Clonazepam again? you can take this again for your anxiety and panic attacks.

There are also depression medications which also help with PTSD as well like Paxil or Lexapro. Talk to your doctor about these as options.

Let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No I don't have A doctor now that can Prescribe that right now , I havent had a Dr in long time

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer. The other Dr was unable to answer as of yet And in response to his Answer ,, Doctor Boyd no long practices because he has Cancer . So I can no longer get perscriptions from him . And I don't have a family doctor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what should I do ,,I know the walk in Clinics don't prescribe these types of Medications
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.
I am sorry to hear about this. I have worked with persons with Panic Disorder for over 30 years.
In respect to getting treatment, if you do not have a doctor you can receive care for this disorder, including medication at any community mental health center in the unit states. There is a Community Mental Health Center in Every county. There is also a 24 hour crisis number for each of these county mental health services and treatment is provided to all regardless of ability to pay.
If you wish to see someone in the private sector that is also fine.
To locate a community mental health center in your county and state:
Scroll down to State in which you live to find resources by county.
I am also attaching a link that will help you understand the treatment for Panic Disorder- In depth.
Call and get help today.
Should you have further questions of me, feel free to ask.
Otherwise, I wish you the very best,
Have the best possible day.