How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Manley Your Own Question
Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Mark Manley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is hearing people talking and stange sounds and

Customer Question

My daughter is hearing people talking and stange sounds and has ask my to call the police thinking somone is outside, however there is knowone. This has ben going om for a while. she is 27 year old and has just broken up with a boyfriend from about 3 years. She dosent have insurance but we need help its getting bad please .
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
Is she taking any medications?
Is she using drugs or alcohol?
Is there any history of mental illness in the family?
Does your daughter have children?
Looking for ward to your reply.
Mark Manley
Mark Manley and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no children no metal illness no drugs that we know of some over the counter sleep med

Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
Sounds like she is experiencing paranoid ideation or paranoid delusions. This can be a result of a mental disorder or a transient symptom of over stress. How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
about two weeks
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
She needs to be seen by a psychiatrist. I know she does not have insurance. Are there any funds available it would probably be around $140 for the visit and additional for medication?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks .
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a psychiatrist in mind? Let the office know you are paying cash and ask them if they can discount the fee for cash. Shop around on the phone if you like. It has to be a psychiatrist or other medical doctor that is comfortable prescribing psychotropic medication.
Best of luck to you and your daughter.
Mark Manley