How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr John B Your Own Question
Dr John B
Dr John B, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 557
Experience:  PhD in Clinical Psychology, registered clinical psychologist.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr John B is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend suffers from -polar and recently lost his job

Resolved Question:

my boyfriend suffers from bi-polar and recently lost his job and only has insurance til the end of december. he has no primary or any other dr right now but needs medication. what would be the best way to get him to see a dr and fast?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr John B replied 5 years ago.


Sorry to hear of the situation. There are a couple of organizations that will be able to assist you (and him) to find affordable services in your area. Contact each of the following and request assistance in locating a Dr who can see him ASAP.

You can contact The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services here for assistance with locating federally-funded health centers in your area. These centers can provide services even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. These centers provide health, mental health and substance abuse services. Type in your address and click the 'Find Health Centers' button to find health centers near you.

You can contact the National Alliance on Mental Health here. NAMI are a consumer organization that has a network of local branches that can provide a wealth of information on the kind of services offered locally.

You can contact Mental Health America here. The MHA website contains lots of information regarding mental health issues, treatment options and available resources.

You can contact the United Way here for assistance with finding low-cost mental health services in your local area.

I hope this has been of some help. Please let me know if you have further questions or would like me to clarify any part of my answer.

Dr John B and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you