How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question when a patient that has a dx of bipolar disease

Resolved Question:

I have a question when a patient that has a dx of bipolar disease and when the pdoc does an evaluation do they normally ask the question: "What do people say about your skin".

Also does a regular doctor when they are conducting a medical history ask a patient on the initial visit when they do their assessment anything about their skin. Does the regular doctor have a list of questions they ask their patients when they do their assessment. Where would I find this inforamtion.

In addition, where would I find a list of questions that a pdoc would ask a bipolar patient if they were about to conduct an evaluation if they were to participate in a clinical trial for a drug called Galantamine to investigated cognitive and memory problems.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Ed Wilfong :

Every doctor asks different questions so it is hard to speak to the skin questions. It may be something they noticed or just a part of their routine. If part of drug trial, they may be interested or concerned about potential skin side effects (Rash, etc). Research protocols are confidential, so you nor I would be able to access the evaluation questions. If the study is being conducted at a University Medical School, the best you can like do is look up the Med. School's psychiatry department. They often list what clinical trial are in progress and which they are recruiting for.

Dr. Ed Wilfong and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions