MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
45841547

Im having a terrible time trusting my fiance. He was living

I'm having a terrible time trusting my fiance. He was living with his girlfriend of 13 years and had another steady girl on the side when I met him. I know......already that is a RED FLAG!! But he has proposed to me this past August. I really never thought it would come this far and now I am having a terrible time with trust issues. There have been a few online incidents, but he has since removed himself from those websites, but I just have let myself be comsumed by worry and wonder.
HELP!!
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.
Why is he your fiance if you cannot trust him?
Does it matter if he says he won't cheat on you, if you cannot believe what he says?
If he changed, then why was he messaging in September after proposing to you in August.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and his past behavior is being unfaithful.
A mate is supposed to be a blessing in one's life, not a source of worry and wonder that consumes you.