Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
50444359

You told me to cut out sugar. Does this mean sugar in any

You told me to cut out sugar. Does this mean sugar in any form, even honey and molasses.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I'm glad you are seeking clarification of this.

I know that naturopaths differentiate between honey and sugar. But I don't because even though there are some added benefits, it still acts on the system as sugar does for the most part.

Molasses is just sugar that's a little less refined.

You can get Truvia, which is the Stevia leaf with some flavoring, in the supermarket. That's a great substitute. Stay away from Splenda if you can as it exacerbates some neurological conditions.

Fruit in moderation. No canned fruits in syrup.

HOWEVER: do not feel as if you are in jeopardy if you have some of Aunt Martha's fruitcake in the holidays. In other words, if you indulge, fine. Do it in moderation and infrequently. Okay?

If you're a chocolate fan, try to get sugar free. There are some good ones out there if you look.

I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button because: even though you have made a deposit, I do not get paid for my time unless you press ACCEPT. Feel free to continue the discussion as my goal is to get you the best answer possible. You can continue the discussion even after pressing ACCEPT. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****