How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MN Psychiatrist Your Own Question
MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 792
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
MN Psychiatrist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recognize that I eat as a control issue, specifically

Resolved Question:

I recognize that I eat as a control issue, specifically stemming from my husband's bout with meningitis, then surgery to remove his pituitary gland and continual need for medication because of that surgery.
Who do I go to for help?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
I have done a lot of work with people who eat for emotional reasons. Have you ever had any sort of treatment for an eating disorder? That is probably the first place to start. Where do you live?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, I have never been treated for an eating disorder.


Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
you live in Kansas, right?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Here are a listing of mental health professionals in Kansas who specifically treat eating disorders and/or disordered eating:
It would be a good place to start. You can also just put in your zip code if you only want to find professionals who are very close to where you live.
MN Psychiatrist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you