How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a son who is 23 years old, he is very smart and among

Resolved Question:

Dear Sir/Madam ,
I have a son who is 23 years old, he is very smart and among the top students of UOT , in computer Science.
Since last year he has had a skin problem (Just on his face) that one DR. diagnosed it as Rosecia(but I don't believe in it) . now his skin is better, but the problem is that he doesn't go out at all in order not to be in sun , wind , etc., he sit all the time in a dark place, and says light is not good for him (as it's written in an article in the internet) he doesn't eat many many things like salt ,suger, oil , ,... as it's again written in internet that these things are not good for Roscea.
I'm very concern about him as I think he is getting sick , we have an appointment with one ofthe best dermotologist on dec 19 , but I don't know how to tell the dr. to tell him to calm down , and I don't know how should be my behavior with my son , I try to preapare the food that he likes to eat, and try hard to talk to him , but as soon as start saying it's not correct to sit in the house he gets very angry. so please help me. Thanks a lot.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
do you want therapist or doctor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I Just don't know what to do with him
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to know what should I do with him,
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

One of the problems may be that you are too attentive. He has to want to get out and when he has a lot of communication in the home he is less inclined to find it elsewhere. I know you are acting out of concern but you should also consider that he is participating in this isolative behavior. You may want to consider a therapist separate and apart from his condition. He could be suffering from a situational depression. This is brought on by circumstances. It has the same symptoms but can be treated very effectively. One of the symptoms is isolative behavior. He is keeping himself walled off from the world. This can be addressed in therapy. There is even online therapy now where he can get an appointment and participate by webcam or IM. You can Google that at etherapy or ecounseling. Don't move from helping him to enabling him. Consider this option.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensating

psychlady and 3 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you