How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5808
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who does a male adult do to see if they are struggling with

Resolved Question:

Who does a male adult do to see if they are struggling with being molested as a child by someone outside the family?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.


To clarify what you are asking, do you want to know what kind of professional to see or are you asking what to do about being molested?



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I amlooking for help. Who should I go see shit for that kind of help?
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

You should see a Master's level therapist or a Ph.D. A Master's level therapist is someone who has earned a Master's degree and usually special licenses along with it. The initials after their name usually include, M.Ed, MA, MSW, LSW or MFT (marriage and family therapist). A Ph.D is someone who has a doctorate in psychology. They have Dr. in front of their name or Ph.D after it.


To find a therapist, ask your doctor for a referral. Or you can search on line according to your zip code at You can also contact the United Way in your area to ask about the local community mental health center for low cost/no cost therapy.


When you search for a therapist, you may want to ask about experience and whether or not the therapist has special education in helping others who have been sexually abused.


If you need further resources or have more questions, please let me know.






If you found your answer helpful, please click ACCEPT. Even if you placed a deposit, I am not paid for my work unless you accept. Thank you!

TherapistMarryAnn and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you