How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Penny Rayas, MFT Your Own Question
Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 395
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Penny Rayas, MFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 10 years old, He is having lots of problems in school.

Resolved Question:

My son is 10 years old, He is having lots of problems in school. I don't know how I can help him. Maybe he needs to talk to a phychiatrist. Can you recoment childrens phychiatrist in north east philadelphia
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 5 years ago.

Hello there and thanks for asking JA. I would like to first ask what problems is your son having at school. I would also like to ask if your son has seen a therapist and the school psychologist. Do you have insurance?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My sons name isXXXXX is having problems paying attention, He has ADD and he is on med. Instead of paying attention in class he is playing with pensils or his fingers. Now he has discovered lying to us.


Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 5 years ago.
Hello there, I asked a co-worker who is a psychiatrist for a referral for you. I hope he is near you. I hope this is not the doctor you did not like. My coworker thinks he is a good doctor. Robertson B Tucker

Psychiatrist , MD

Suite 1700
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107




I would also like to say that a family therapist can help your son with this behavior. I work with children who have the same diagnosis as your son. A therapist can observe your son in the classroom and help him change his behavior. His school is supposed to provide behavioral help for him. Does your son has an IEP?

Penny Rayas, MFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you