Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

my 9 yr old girl has been in trouble at school for kissing

my 9 yr old girl has been in trouble at school for kissing a couple of boys and using the word sex (although she does not know what it means) she is a very happy, well balanced little girl.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Bill :

I have worked with children for over 30 years and I can tell you conclusively that this NORMAL behavior however, your daughter should understand that this kissing boys at school is Not appropriate.

Bill :

Sit her down and normalize the curiosity aspect of this and that although she is curious, the behavior can and will cause problems at school. I think this will nip it in the bud.

Bill :

As I said, this is not atypical at all for a child of this age and don't allow the school to tell you otherwise.

Bill :

If everything else in her life is in balance, she is just challenging curiosity and this trait when channeled in the right direction can lead to all kinds of good things. Teach her the benefit of positive curiosity.

Bill :

The following link explains this in helpful detail.

Bill :

Should you have additional questions of me, feel free to reply.

Bill :

Otherwise, I wish you, your daughter and family.......the very best.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Bill :

I ALSO APPRECIATE POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

Thanks & have a great day.