How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I forgive my mother for the emotional abuse she

Resolved Question:

How can I forgive my mother for the emotional abuse she punished me with (even though it continues now,into my 40's),and get on with MY life,and only let MY opinions affect my decisions? Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Ed Wilfong :

You can't. Move on and sever contact. Otherwise abuse and your feelings will continue. Sorry.

Dr. Ed Wilfong and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you