How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Manley Your Own Question
Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Mark Manley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

mental issues

Resolved Question:

today my son turned 40 yet it never came into my mind to call him. i thought about it all day, bot a card, wished him happy birthday on facebook but yet it never came into my mind to call him. what does this mean?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
If you would like to give me more information I will be happy to see what I can come up with for you.

Why is this so unusual for you? What have you done on his previous birthdays? Has anything changed in your relationship with your son lately, if so what? What did your parent(s) do to acknowledge your birthdays when you were the age your son is now?

Mark Manley
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this is unusual for me because any other time i would have thought to call him. I guess it is not the issue of his birthday but that i thought about something but it didn't come into my mind and that is what is upsetting me. thinking about something that was important and yet not acting on it. maybe this is really not anything but trying to explain that i just didn't think about it (it didn't enter my mind) really upsets me. i feel like i had a brain freeze. i just want to know if i should just let it go or check into it as maybe an issue.



Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
It is probably nothing at all, however if this continues to happen get a check up with a medical doctor and be sure and tell him or her about your symptoms. If it does not continue then just forget about it.

Thank you for using Justanswer.

Mark Manley
Mark Manley and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions