How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 59 and on social security due to disability @ $1750 per

Customer Question

I am 59 and on social security due to disability @ $1750 per month. My husband is currently 79 and is also on social security @ 1550. Should he predecease me will I be eligible for a portion of his social security
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. You may want to take a look at this link:

I see you are offline now. I'll pause here and await your response to see if there is anything you would like to add to this chat.If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your questions, please click on ACCEPT and leave feedback. Bonuses are always appreciated. You can always ask more questions after you have clicked on Accept.Just put Dr. Shirley Schaye before your question and I will be the one to respond.

Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.
I was wondering if you went to that link so that we can discuss further. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to help you sort through any questions you may have.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I looked over your response and the web site. Does not address the question - will I qualify for additional benefits when I am a surviving disabled spouse and my husband passes away. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.
Take another look at the link:

I have copied and pasted what it says that would apply to you:

Who is eligible for survivors benefits

Social Security survivors benefits can be paid to:

  • A disabled widow or widower -- as early as age 50
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.
Just checking to see if you have entered anything for me to respond to.

Related Mental Health Questions