How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am 61 & i want to cry all the time. ive been depressed for

Resolved Question:

i am 61 & i want to cry all the time. ive been depressed for years. It keeps getting worce.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.
Hello Madam,

Kindly mention all of your medicines you have already tried if possible?

Are you currently taking any medicines?

Have you ever tried Psychotherapy?


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
right now i'm on 200 zoloft seroquel 25 prem pro 1.5. i was on lexapro several years ago . it's hard to mention all the meds mostly just zoloft. i have so much anxiety . ive had two major things happen in the Last3 years I WAS TO A Psyciatrist a few years back .
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

There is no role of Seroquel in treating depression or anxiety symptoms in my personal view.

It appears to me that you are not responding to Zoloft and require a change in medicine.

There are two possible alternative in your case.

  1. Antidepressant and antianxiety effect of Zoloft can be augmented by adding another antidepressant such as Mirtazapine (if associated Insomnia) or Bupropion (if associated sleepiness, fatigue, lethargy).
  2. OR, Zoloft can be replaced by another antidepressant with a dual mechanism of action such as Pristiq or Cymbalta. Most of the patients who are not responding to a SSRI antidepressant like Zoloft respond very well to Cymbalta or Pristiq.
You can also ask your doctor to prescribe you mouth dissolving form of Klonopin to be taken as and when needed to control the intermittent anxiety symptoms you are having.

Combining medicines with psychotherapy such as Cognitive Behavior therapy can also be very useful in your case.

What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?

Best wishes,


Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated
Dr. Vikas and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you