How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3707
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I deal with my 14 year old son who got so drunk we

Resolved Question:

How do I deal with my 14 year old son who got so drunk we took him to the emergency room?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.
I am sorry to hear about this incident. Teen drinking is a very serious problem and when it reaches a level that your child has to receive Emergency Medical Care, it calls for swift action to rule out the dependency vs abuse.
My suggestion is that you seek professional services from someone in the community trained in substance abuse evaluation and treatment. This can be accomplished in the private sector or at the Community Mental Health Center in the County in which you live.
I will provide a link for the mental health providers in your area that you can identify by entering your zip code at the site:
You can search for providers from a list of specialty services.
I am also attaching a link for substance abuse services that can be located by state and city /zip code.
Should you have further questions, feel free to reply.
Otherwise, I wish you the best at this difficult time.
PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT & I appreciate positive feedback
Bill and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you