How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Penny Rayas, MFT Your Own Question
Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 395
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Penny Rayas, MFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was diagnosed in 21 as -polar and anorexia, i have been on

Customer Question

was diagnosed in 21 as bi-polar and anorexia , i have been on meds off and on since. I have lost my job since may and also my insurance and am without meds, in the process of losing my home and car. I have been on several interviews and enrolled in college but due to having no focus and depression and anxiety i seem to be losing my sanity and have tried herbal and exercise to deal a bit. but manic days i cant seem to sleep and have recently going 2 to 4 days before i need sleep. Isthere any thing i can do? Also I have lost weight and currently down to 103lbs. I live in tn and have tried dhs and health department but am unable to get help as far as dr or insurance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also i have a 14 yr old and 12 yr old that i constantly catch my self screaming at them for stupid reasons. I am considering letting their dad have custody until i guess what ever happens. I have tried to od in the past. I this past weekend went to my brotherrs grave yard and slept there in my car for a couple days. I am scared to tell my family they would more than likely try to commit me. Can they do that?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
Are you feeling suicidal
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

not today. it seems nothing that i could do easily and make sure there is no one to find me after i did it would be a 100 percent do it . i did look up some options online but my brother is buried is secluded and would not be easy to find except the care taker does it so i 50/50 chance that i would be found. And the car gas thing do you go to sleep and painless ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
did you get my message??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

do not charge i have no got a response

Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 6 years ago.

Hello there please go to your local emergency room. If you are manic they can offer you medication. Go to a county hospital because they have many programs that can help you pay or get your medication for free. After you go to the hospital call your family, if you are not suicidal or a danger to others they can't commit you. I think they can help you out. It is very hard to commit someone, only a professional can do that. Now if you are feeling really anxious please take deep breaths and try to take your mind off your anxiety. Call someone to come and help you out. Ask your ex to take your kids away for the next month. Just tell him you are very stressed. When you feeling abit more stable social services can help you apply for benefits. You may quolify for state disability.