mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

I take cymbalta attivan lamictal strattera for my disorder.

I take cymbalta attivan lamictal strattera for my disorder. If I do not take my meds at the same time everyday my withdrawal symptoms are overwhelming. I get electric like pulses exiting the front of my face.Is there a natural way to treat bipolar disorder?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 6 years ago.
mindhealer :

Hello. I'd be more than happy to help answer your question and am online now. Let me know when you are back in the room and we can discuss it further.

mindhealer :

Hello. Thanks for joining me in the room. Would you mind if I asked a couple questions to gain a better understanding??

Customer:

I am here now.

mindhealer :

Are you being treated for anything other than bipolar?

Customer:

adult ADD and anxiety

mindhealer :

thank you. That explains the straterra

mindhealer :

Your family doctor is prescribing?

Customer:

yes he is the only one

mindhealer :

Thanks. Is he also the one who diagnosed you?

Customer:

no the phycologist at the bahavioral health center. I was committed for suicidal thoughts

mindhealer :

Thank you. My thought at this point is that you should strongly consider seeing a psychiatrist for your medications for a couple of reasons. There are much better medications than lamictal for treating bipolar disorder without the electrical pulses if not taken precisely at the same time. In addition, bipolar can be a complex condition and requires a specialist given the multiple presentations of the condition. Also, there really isn't an herbal or natural way to treat bipolar unfortunately and without the medications you would likely cycle up and down pretty rapidly

mindhealer :

please let me know your thoughts so far

Customer:

I will schedule an appointment with a phyciatrist and see what he has to say. do I need a prescp from my doc?

mindhealer :

you may need a referral depending on the type of insurance that you have but I would suggest calling your health insurance provider to confirm that. They would be able to tell you and also will help you find a psychiatrist

Customer:

Thanyou I will.

mindhealer :

Do you have any further questions or anything else that I can help you with?

Customer:

nope I am satisfied

mindhealer :

You can end the chat by clicking the ACCEPT button. I'm glad I could help you

Customer:

T Y