Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I'm bipolar + i seem to be an alcoholic I have really messed

Customer Question
up my life and since...
i'm bipolar + i seem to be an alcoholic I have really messed up my life and since may 27 when I started liquor again I've received my third impaired. I never thought this would happen, because I stopped drinking. Without anybodies help, I did it for my family. Since May 27th 2011, after I fell off the wagon i guess you would call it, i've been trying to get help. Then it happened, in just a few months, I got behind the wheel, and I don't remeber. I understand my relationship between alcohol and bi-polar. But I don't understand why I got behind the wheel. I know there was a lot of stress in my life, and I never should of done it. But I remeber doing it, but now I'm at a loss, because I dont know how to fix myself. And I cannot stop feeling the pain I feel in my stomach, my chest, everywhere! The same day I got in a crash, and arrested for impaired driving, I over dosed on my medication. My doctors don't trust me anymore, they don't want me to leave town. I just need help, I need to fix my problem, like I fixed it before. ...Though this time I don't know if i can.. If you could answer back that'd be great. Im scared. :/
Michelle
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mental Health
8/1/2011
Mental Health Professional: Brad The Therapist, LCPC replied 6 years ago
Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question. Before providing recommendations, I have a few questions. Where are you now, at this moment? Are you living on your own, in a treatment center? What do you do for work? What type of meaningful relationships do you have in your life?

Brad The Therapist :

Also, what motivated you previously when you decided to become sober?

Brad The Therapist :

How long have you been sober, thus far?

Customer:

At home ; with my family. Can't work any more, I think my family, three day agian, just starting.

Brad The Therapist :

Great! This is a good start! Please tell me more about your current symptoms. When did they first start?

Customer:

My family and the way I felt about myself made me stop driniking.....

Brad The Therapist :

What happened when your sobriety ended in May?

Customer:

a sadness that I could not handle anymore how people talked to me. always reminding what I did, I just couldn't get away from things. I seemed to be crying all the time can't leave my house becouse i hate me.

Brad The Therapist :

When did you first hate yourself?

Brad The Therapist :

Hi are you still there?

Customer:

I don't think i ever liked myself, but i could handle thing if i wasn't told how messed up i always was, even when my Doctors hade hope i was alway reminded that I was poping to many pills so I stopped. went to every Doctor I Know And 1 I don't trying to find help I knew i was going down fast. Now I did. and i really don't have many choices left i'm not doing this again....

Brad The Therapist :

Please tell me about your accomplishments, thus far? Do you have children?

Customer:

two very beautiful girls ones getting married next year and ones 15 and graduationg in 3 years

Brad The Therapist :

Great! You raised/raising two daughters. When did your self-hatred first began?

Customer:

around 2003

Brad The Therapist :

What happened in 2003?

Customer:

nothing really, everything like our store my respect i was taken away from me, at that point after everything i did for them i was done

Customer:

I never even got paid

Brad The Therapist :

I'm sorry, I'm confused about your response. Your store was taken away from you? Was this a job or something you ran?

Customer:

No my parents inLaws and husband owed it but i took care of it for 10 years

Brad The Therapist :

I see and they took away the store from you. Why was that?

Customer:

Becouse of the bipolar and my sister in law who left her husband and i was not able to be 14 hours a day anymore

Brad The Therapist :

When did your bipolar symptoms first began?

Customer:

I thought after Natasha was born 26

Customer:

, but they said all kinds of thing

Brad The Therapist :

What is your relationship to you husband like/

Customer:

In the year 2000 it really got so bad that I knew they were wrong and by 2001 I had started liquor. I did try but i also know this is my resonsibility, but it's not Natashas she needs a good life not like mine. she is the last one left if I can't do it like the other ones she needs to be away from at least til I remember who I was.

Brad The Therapist :

How would you describe yourself at this point? What do you hope for the future?

Customer:

I love my husband, DON'T trus't him after Christeana my first, remember you don't take because she won't so I don't know. I have tried . I don"t trust anyone Natasha, if she is in my bed she is on my side. I nwon't lose her trust becouse just like Christeana I have to protect them. I've live a good part of my life. MY KIDS WILL BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer:

]That maid no sence

Brad The Therapist :

You now have a motivation so that your kids will be safe!

Customer:

where

Brad The Therapist :

You will be keeping them safe.

Customer:

Im nut a goob mother yet I fell off the whatever .....have to go home calll tomm mm

Brad The Therapist :

At this point, how can I help you?

Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC